Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Get the right information on client calls
- Follow a step by step process to review and analyze a request
- Describe the similarities and differences between cash and accrual accounting
- Describe the differences between C Corporations, S Corporations, Partnerships and Sole Proprietorships
- Explain why companies borrow and how they repay
- Evaluate management’s capability to manage the business
- Analyze financial statements through ratio and trend analysis
- Evaluate personal financial statements and tax returns
- Manually create a cash flow statement
- Explain the difference in operating, investing and financing cash flows
- Prepare and analyze projections
- Determine collateral adequacy
- Perform a business and industry risk analysis
- Determine proper loan structure
- Explain the documentation needed to perfect the loan
- Spot red flags and potential problem loans
- Present results before a credit committee
The FTG approach is to customize all materials and case studies to reflect the lending environment actually experienced by the participant. Lecture and discussion, supplemented by group exercises and role play keep the course both fast paced and interesting.
The Boot camp session is 5 days in length and includes one half day spent on accounting. This class is designed for either new or junior personnel while the advanced version is for more experienced relationship managers or senior lenders.
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for anyone who works in commercial or middle market lending including: Senior Lenders, Commercial Lending Officers, Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers, Financial Analysts, Underwriters and Loan Review personnel.