Loan Structuring – Beginning and Advanced
Length 2 days
When a loan is structured properly, the likelihood of getting repaid increases dramatically. This course provides participants with a basic understanding of loan structure.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the operating and capital investment cycle
- Calculate working capital needs
- Explain different loan types including: seasonal loans, term loans, bridge loans, and permanent capital loans
- Write effective covenants
- Describe how collateral considerations affect structuring decisions
- Properly structure a loan
- Explain structuring decisions to a client.
- Monitor proper usage of a loan facility
- Use the computer to help determine the proper loan structure
The Eensight approach is to customize all materials and case studies to reflect the lending environment actually experienced by the participant. Lecture and discussion, supplemented by group exercises and role play keep the course both fast paced and interesting.
The advanced session is designed for more experienced bankers, while the beginning version is appropriate for new hires and participants unfamiliar with ratios and financial statements.
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for anyone who works in commercial or middle market lending including: Senior Lenders, Commercial Lending Officers, Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers, Financial Analysts, Underwriters and Loan Review personnel.