Length 2 days
This course moves participants beyond number crunching and shows how the commercial loan decision process works from beginning to end. They will learn to integrate financial analysis, cash flow analysis, forecasting, management assessment, business and competitive environment analysis, loan structuring and customer negotiation in the loan decision process.
Participants will analyze cash flow statements, perform sensitivity analysis, and develop a greater understanding of the effects of management style and financial management on the business.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Measure the impact of management decision-making on financial performance
- Perform historical analysis of financial statements
- Evaluate the effects of management and business environment factors on loan repayment
- Assess the external and internal environments
- Analyze the company’s historical financial performance, including trend analysis and linkage to management actions and decisions
- Construct and analyze computer-assisted financial projections
- Evaluate and describe the company’s management team
- Integrate the analytical traditions of financial analysis, management assessment, and business environment into an appropriate credit recommendation
- Present credit recommendations before a mock credit committee
- Negotiate final terms with the client
The Eensight approach is to customize all materials and case studies to reflect the lending environment actually experienced by the participant. Lecture and discussion, supplemented by group exercises and role play keep the course both fast paced and interesting.
Who Should Attend?
This course is primarily for experienced lenders who are already proficient in financial accounting, financial statement analysis, and cash flow analysis. Credit trainees and other support personnel may benefit if they have the requisite skills.