Diagnostic Assessment Remediation Training
Length 3 days
This course addresses the needs of individuals who have taken a diagnostic assessment from either RMA, Omega Performance Corporation or Moody’s. In general, these diagnostic tools find most individuals have training needs in the areas of accounting, business and industry risk, financial statement analysis, cash flow analysis, loan structuring and problem loan identification.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe macroeconomic factors that affect a business and its ability to repay a loan
- Explain industry and business life cycles
- Evaluate business, industry and management risk elements and their effect on loan repayment
- Identify key accounts on the financial statements
- Develop questions to ask about trends in the accounts on the financial statements
- Analyze key ratios including liquidity, leverage, asset management, profitability and coverage ratios
- Evaluate sources and uses of cash on the financial statements
- Construct and analyze cash flow statements
- Describe the difference between operating, investing and financing cash flows
- Construct and analyze projected cash flow statements
- Identify primary and secondary sources of repayment
- Evaluate the risks associated with lines of credit, term loans, permanent working capital loans, and commercial real estate transactions
- Describe the key elements used to structure a loan
- Present their loan recommendations, including structure, pricing and covenants before a mock loan committee
- Explain different corporate structures and tax returns including: C Corporations, S Corporations, Partnerships, and Sole Proprietorships
- Identify early warning signs of problems loans including external indicators, operational indicators, and financial indicators
- Describe the internal macro and micro process for problem loan detection
The Eensight approach is to customize all materials and case studies to reflect the lending environment actually experienced by the participant. Classroom lecture and discussion is supplemented by group exercises and role-play to keep the course both fast paced and interesting.
The course is customized to reflect the proficiency participants have displayed in the diagnostic assessment.
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who have a training need based upon diagnostic assessment results from either RMA, Omega Performance Corporation or Moody’s.