Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of the following:
- The basics of collections and letters of credit
- Back to back, revolving, and transferable credits
- Standby letters of credit
- How bankers acceptances are used to finance trade
- The mechanics of trust receipts and factoring
- How to work with the export assistance agencies
- Import and export trade finance products
- How to establish sub limits for trade finance products
- How a surplus or deficit in the balance of payments can affect a financial institution’s customers
- How international agreements foster trade
- How tariffs and quotas affect imports
The FTG approach is to customize all materials and case studies to reflect the lending environment actually experienced by the participant. Lecture and discussion, supplemented by group exercises and role play keep the course both fast paced and interesting.
The advanced session is designed for more experienced bankers, while the beginning version is appropriate for new hires and participants unfamiliar with working capital concepts.