Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of the following:
- How to skeptically review all of the major accounts in the balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flow
- How to analyze the company’s performance with ratios and address the implications for a firm’s future debt repayment ability
- How to analyze funds flow, cash flow, and net income
- How to mitigate the risks found in the numbers
- How to use computer projections as an analytical tool
- How to evaluate industry risk and the company’s industry ranking including strategic plans and market share
- How to present the information to a credit committee
The FTG approach is to customize all materials and case studies to reflect the lending environment actually experienced by the participant. Lecture and discussion, supplemented by group exercises and role play keep the course both fast paced and interesting.
The advanced session is designed for more experienced bankers, while the beginning version is appropriate for new hires and participants unfamiliar with ratios and financial statements.
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for anyone who works in commercial or middle market lending including: Senior Lenders, Commercial Lending Officers, Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers, Financial Analysts, Underwriters and Loan Review personnel.