Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of the following:
- How to get the right information on client calls
- How to apply quick screening techniques
- A step by step process to review and analyze a request
- Why companies borrow and how they repay
- How to evaluate management
- How to analyze financial statements through ratio, trend and cash flow analysis
- How to read personal financial statements and tax returns
- How to determine collateral adequacy
- How to perform business and industry risk analysis
- How to determine proper loan structure & prepare documentation
- How to work with the credit department
- How to negotiate with clients and how to say no to a request
The FTG approach is to customize all materials and case studies to reflect the lending environment actually experienced by the participant. Classroom lecture and discussion is supplemented by group exercise and role-play to keep the course both fast paced and interesting.
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for anyone who works in a branch setting or in retail banking including: Branch Managers, Assistant Branch Managers, Small Business Lenders, Relationship Managers, and Portfolio Managers.